One week tonight, the first show will go to air. I’ve been working away on the first script. There’ve been a few late nights, plenty of revisions, and whole sections I’ve ditched. I’m quite out of practice – an hour is a reasonable chunk of time to fill and I have to remember how to drive the desk. All part of the fun! Thanks to the crew At Fresh FM for their help and support, too.
The first show is a bit of a musical time machine ride. You’ll hear:
- an early Douglas Lilburn piece;
- a track from Lorde;
- the first track recorded and produced entirely in New Zealand;
- an unusual love song from Dunedin;
- downbeat upbeat – two tracks – one a downer, the other to put a smile on your face;
- details of some local gigs and releases – plus an interview if the cookie crumbles in the right direction.
Find out how you can join in, and mark this time next Wednesday in your calendar to listen live.
Tune your wireless
or to these FM frequencies:
- Nelson-Tasman 104.8
- Golden Bay 95.0
- Blenheim 88.9
See you at eight on Wednesday!